BroccoMax, Myrosinase Activated Sulforaphane Glucosinolate
Serving Size: 1 Capsule | 30mg Sulforaphane Glucosinolate | Serving Per Container: 60
- A Standardized Concentration of Sulforaphane Glucosinolate (SGS) and the Enzyme Myrosinase from Broccoli Seeds That Have Been Processed Using Ultra Clean Super Critical Technology
- The Sulforaphane Generator™
- Veggie Capsules
- Standardized Broccoli Extract
- Studied Phase II Detoxification Agent
- 20X More Concentrated Than Broccoli
Jarrow BroccoMax® has been demonstrated in vitro to yield approximately 8 mg of sulforaphane per capsule containing 30 mg of SGS.
What is Sulforaphane?
Sulforaphane is a naturally occurring compound found in cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, and cabbage. It is a potent antioxidant, anti–inflammatory agent. It is also believed to have a beneficial effect on the gut microbiome.
It has been shown to reduce the growth of harmful bacteria in the gut while promoting the growth of beneficial bacteria. This can lead to improved digestion, better nutrient absorption, and improved overall health.
In addition, Sulforaphane has been studied for its potential to improve mental health.
Some background to glucoraphanin and myrosinase:
- Glucoraphanin: Glucoraphanin is a glucosinolate that is found in cruciferous vegetables. It is a relatively inert compound, meaning that it does not have any health benefits on its own. However, when it is broken down by myrosinase, it forms sulforaphane, which is a compound with a number of health benefits.
- Myrosinase: Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cabbage, and kale contain glucosinolates, which are compounds with potential health benefits. However, these compounds are inactive until they are broken down by an enzyme called myrosinase. Myrosinase is typically stored separately from glucosinolates in plant cells.When the cells are damaged, the myrosinase is released and can break down the glucosinolates into their active forms.This is why chewing, cooking, or fermenting cruciferous vegetables can increase the amount of health-promoting compounds that your body can absorb.
Jarrow Formula’s BroccoMax
Jarrow BroccoMax® broccoli seed extract is manufactured using a patented process that preserves myrosinase, the enzyme in the broccoli that metabolizes SGS (Sulforaphane Glucosinolate, a.k.a glucoraphanin) in the small intestine into sulforaphane.
Usage: Take 1 to 3 capsules per day 30 minutes before or after a meal, preferably 1 before or after a meal, or as directed by your qualified healthcare professional.
|Serving Size: 1 Capsule|
|Serving Per Container: 60|
|Amount Per Serving||% DV|
|Sulforaphane Glucosinolate (Brassica oleracea L. Italica) (From Broccoli Seed Extract in a Proprietary Blend Containing Myrosinase Enzyme Plus Calcium Ascorbate)||30 mg||†|
|† Daily Value not established.|
Rice maltodextrin and calcium ascorbate. DRCaps® consist of hydroxypropylmethylcellulose.
No wheat, gluten, soybeans, dairy, egg, fish/shellfish, or peanuts/tree nuts.